Issue #2003 - 02
ACQUISITIONS, MERGERS &
Recent VC Investments in Wireless Products
1. NetMotion Wireless, Seattle,
Washington - a $10.8Msecond round Dolphin Equity Partners and Mitsui & Co. Venture Partners.
NetMotion Wireless provides software-based roaming and security solutions for wireless carriers.
2. Qpass Seattle, Washington - A $10.7M second round from RRE Ventures. Qpass develops activity management solutions for wireless carriers and their content partners.
3. NextWeb Seattle, Washington - $1.5M fourth round Kaiser Permanente National Venture Development and Monet Capital Group NextWeb delivers high-speed Internet access to the enterprise through its fixed-wireless network.
4. Bluefire Security Technologies of Baltimore gets $6M second round from JK&B Capital. Bluefire Security Technologies provides security solutions for mobile and wireless handheld devices.
5. Chantry Networks of Mississauga, Ontario, Canada gets $3M first round from Flagship Ventures. Chantry Networks plans to develop WLAN infrastructure products.
6. Elliptic Semiconductor of Kanata, Ontario, Canada gets seed funding of $0.475M from Axis Investment Fund Inc. Elliptic Semiconductor develops WLAN semiconductor products.
Source: VC Reporter
For more information: http://www.vcreporter.com
MobileInfo Comments and Advisory: VC
money continues to flow into wireless space. Wireless LANs, roaming
solutions and Broadband are favored technologies.
Note: This news release may contain
forward-looking statements within the meaning of section 27A of the
Securities Act of 1933 and section 21E of Securities Exchange act of
1934 in USA. Similar provisions exist in other countries. There is no
assurance that the stipulated plans of vendors will be implemented.
MobileInfo does not warrant the authenticity of the information.
Readers should take appropriate caution in developing plans utilizing
these products, services and technology architectures. All
trademarks used in this summary are the property of their respective