Issue #2003 - 09
Samsung & Panasonic Announce
1. Samsung Announces New handsets
Samsung announced new phones, including eight new handsets targeted at the GSM market, one CDMA 1xrtt phone, and one new UMTS model.
- SGH-D700: A Nokia Series 60 phone with a twisting color display, swivel video camera, MMS, RealOne Player, MP3 player, J2ME support, MPEG4 video, and SyncML. Quite possibly the hottest device released at this year's CeBIT.
- SGH-i500: A Palm phone with built-in VGA camera, dual inside and outside color display, MMS, and video playback.
- SGH-P400: The SGH-P400 features a twisting color display, swivel camera, J2ME, MMS, and support for polyphonic ring tones.
- SGH-P410: This phone also sports dual color displays, swivel camera, MMS, J2ME, and 8MB memory.
- SGH-X400: This phone has a color display and a FM radio.
- SGH-X410: 65,000-color TFT main display, Java, Bluetooth, infrared, 40-chord polyphonic ring tones.
- SGH-E400: This phone has color display and J2ME support.
- SGH-S200: This phone sports dual color displays and polyphonic ring tones.
- SPH-A640: The SPH-A640 is a tri-mode CDMA 1xRTT phone with color dual displays and a camera with flash.
2. Panasonic unveils new phones
Panasonic unveiled three new GSM/GPRS phones at this week's CeBIT. Here is a brief look at the new devices:
- X70: A tri-band GSM/GPRS handset that is 20 percent smaller than the company's GD87. It sports Bluetooth support, a color display, a built-in camera, MMS, and Java. The X70 will be available in Europe this fall. No word yet on pricing.
- G60: The G60 is a dual-band GSM/GPRS phone with color display, MMS, and an attachable
camera. This phone will be available in Europe this summer. No word on pricing.
- G50: The G50 is a "Super Mini" phone with color display, EMS, and support for polyphonic ring tones. This phone will be released in Europe this summer. No word on pricing.
MobileInfo Comments and Advisory: More
handsets. More variety. Something for every consumer. Take your pick. Panasonic
gets back into this market, on its own, unlike Sony who came out in collaboration
Note: This news release may contain
forward-looking statements within the meaning of section 27A of the
Securities Act of 1933 and section 21E of Securities Exchange act of
1934 in USA. Similar provisions exist in other countries. There is no
assurance that the stipulated plans of vendors will be implemented.
MobileInfo does not warrant the authenticity of the information.
Readers should take appropriate caution in developing plans utilizing
these products, services and technology architectures. All
trademarks used in this summary are the property of their respective